Sunday, December 30, 2012

Napkins and Excuses

Gosh, it's hard to keep up with a blog. I think that's what many, many people who try to write blogs discover. And it's harder for me, because I have this disorder... Laziness Syndrome.

It is so a disorder. Look it up.

Okay, it isn't. But with moving and adjusting to full time hours, it feels like I am always tired.

But! I sewed something!


I was reading an article about parents who spend hundreds of dollars to put their children in etiquette classes, because they are not learning manners at home. And of course I thought "That's ridiculous!" But I also thought about manners in our house, and in some convoluted way came to the conclusion that we needed cloth napkins. So I busted out my stash of fat quarters and made some fun napkins for us.

This is such a simple project. I feel silly even posting instructions. Get a fat quarter. Square it off. Hem. Done. It's a great project for splashy fabrics that you can't find a use for and beginning sewists looking for an easy practical project.

Of course, if you were an organized person with a well set up sewing area, you would have ironed these, squared them off with a rotary cutter, and pinned the hems. I did none of these things and I think they turned out just fine.

In other thoughts- I am thinking of changing this into a more general blog, where I would post other things such as parenting comments, Montessori ideas, rants, stuff I'm reading, and so on. I will probably do that soonish. 

2 comments:

  1. What a surprise to see a new entry on Sew Long, Fare Well. Of course I laughed when I read the "if you were an organized person..." paragraph. I get that, you are my daughter and I know you well. Thanks for posting and I'll read anything you write about.

    ReplyDelete